- M.S. Education Psychology, 1997. The Pennsylvania State University.
- B.A. Psychology, 1994. Juniata College.
My educational and professional experience has focused on instrument development, data collection and statistical analysis. I consider myself a “testing and measurement specialist,” encompassing all stages of social science data collection.
- 2007 – Present: Project Manager, Survey Research Center.
I am currently a project manager at the Survey Research Center specializing in web surveys. My duties extend to managing projects, programming surveys, managing samples, data coordination and analysis.
- 2000 – Present: Part-time Instructor, The Pennsylvania State University.
I currently teach a general education course for introductory statistics. My teaching experience extends to advanced statistics, advanced linear modeling and developmental psychology. I have taught courses at Penn State (College of Education, Smeal College of Business and Continuing Education) and Bucknell University (Management).
- 2005 – 2007: Research Associate, Diagnostics Plus.
Diagnostics Plus is a full service market research firm. My duties included data management and report generation.
- 1999: McClure, John, Sonak, Brian and Suen, Hoi. “Concept Map Assessment of Classroom Learning: Reliability, Validity and Logistical Practicality.” Journal of Research in Science Teaching, Vol 36 (4), 475-492.
- Suen, H., Sonak, B., Zimmaro, D., and Roberts, D. (1997) Concept map as assessment scaffolding. Psychological Reports, 81, 734.