Larissa started working at the SRC as an in-home interviewer collecting cognitive and developmental data and biomarkers from children and families. She has had experience with data collection and observations in homes and schools and in clinical, academic and community settings (e.g., parks, camps, women's shelters). Larissa has worked in both rural and urban environments and with populations ranging from infants to senior citizens.
Larissa currently manages multi-modal, longitudinal field studies as well as shorter-term projects such as focus groups. She is responsible for hiring and training field interviewers following best practices for survey research and builds effective teams to collect data for research projects being conducted in several states. Larissa also does data work such as cleaning and producing datasets.
Professional and Academic Experience
- 2011 - present: Project Manager, Penn State Survey Research Center (University Park, PA)
- 2010 - 2011: Data Manager, Penn State Prevention Research Center (University Park, PA)
- 2010: Field Interviewer, Penn State Survey Research Center (University Park, PA)
- 2009 - 2010: Research Assistant: Geisinger Health System (State College, PA)
- 2007 - 2009: Graduate Research Assistant: North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC)
- 2006 - 2007: Conference Center Director: Lakewood Conference Center (Myrtle Beach, SC)
- 2006: Sales and Sponsorship Intern: Family Circle Cup (Charleston, SC)
- 2005: Undergraduate Research Assistant: The Pennsylvania State University (University Park, PA)
- 2003 - 2005: Pool Manager (summers): Moss Spring Swim Club (Greencastle, PA)
- Witmer, L. K., Bocarro, J. N., & Henderson, K. A. (2011). Adolescent girls’ perceptions of physical activity and health. Journal of Leisure Research 41(3).
- M.S. in Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management, North Carolina State University
- B.S. in Recreation, Park and Tourism Management, The Pennsylvania State University