Fall schedule for biostatistics seminars now available
Penn State Clinical and Translational Science Institute announces its Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design (BERD) Research Methods Seminar Series schedule for the fall semester. The series features lectures on fundamental research methods in the fall semester, with more advanced topics in the spring semester. Statisticians and methodologists from multiple Penn State departments present these seminars.
Seminars are held from 4 to 5 p.m. at H4504 (Clinical Research Center) at Penn State College of Medicine and videoconferenced to 116 Henderson at University Park. An online streaming option is also available. Streaming information is sent upon registration.
The fall schedule is:
- Sept. 10 — "Uncover the Power of Observational Studies" by Duanping Liao
- Sept. 24 — "The Basics of Randomization and Sample Size Estimation" by Allen Kunselman
- Oct. 8 — "Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis" by Vernon Chinchilli
- Oct. 22 — "Bayesia Meta-analysis" by Shouhao Zhou
- Nov. 12 — "Qualitative Analysis" by Heather Stuckey-Peyrot
- Nov. 19 — "Mixed Methods" by Lauren J. Van Scoy
- Dec. 10 — "Research Databases and Clinical Applications" by Paula Valencia-Moulton and Aimee Merchlinski
For registration information, visit the institute website at ctsi.psu.edu prior to the seminar date. Most registrations open at least one week before the seminar date.
To request a consultation with the core, fill out a service request form.